Tap: “I Won’t Grow Up”
Costume: Leotard with attached tutu- take out of bag and hang upside down to allow tutu to fluff
Tights: tan tights
Shoes: black taps
Hair: high ponytail
Bow secure at ponytail with hair pins to ensure it does not fall out while dancing
Grass skirt- attach by sewing or pinning to leotard to stay in place while dancing
Armband and choker- wear armband on left upper arm and secure so that it won’t fall off
Wrist and ankle bands (leaves)- secure so they won’t fall off while dancing
Tights: suntan convertible tights
Flower/leaves crown secure with hair pins to ensure it won’t fall off while dancing
Class Picture Times:
* Please label ALL pieces of your child’s costume. Including tights and shoes!
* NO underwear. NO jewelry. NO nail polish.
* Hairnets must be used for those who will wear a bun for the revue. A bun hairstyle requires multiple bobby pins and hair gel/spray to maintain a tidy bun. For girls with shorter hair a ‘donut’ may be used to create a bun. Please watch this video for ways to make a good bun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=882m4QKu0sg&feature=em-share_video_user
* Makeup should be applied heavily due to lighting. Browns, plums, and pinks look best from stage.
* Please make sure that bows on ballet shoes are tucked in and that there are NO bows on your child’s tap shoes (jazz tap shoestrings acceptable). If they are patent leather tap shoes -the strings must be changed to black elastic.
* Spray Paint for shoes is available at the studio. The color is "Sand" if you are spraying shoes tan. The paint is $7.00 per can and can be shared by a few students. Black paint is also available.
* You may contact this class’s costume contact mom (at the top of this page) with any questions you have regarding your child’s costume.
AS OF 3/10/18